Search This Blog

Sunday 10 April 2011

X-Men: First Class

Hey bloggers!

    Welcome back to "movieswdf", I really hope you enjoyed listening to my posts before but I'm afraid this will be the last blog post for a while! Today we will be talking about the movie, X-Men: First Class. Once again this film is based off of Marvel, and I personally think they did another fantastic job on transforming this story to real life. As usual we will begin with predictions, then storyline, characters, themes, and finally rating. Some interesting information about this film is that this movie is the first building block of mutants, and how Magneto and Professor X began their rivalry.

    I think that this movie will show us how mutants got their special gifts, how Professor X met Magneto, and how something changed along the way separating them from friendship. I think that this will happen because I've heard that this movie will show us how mutancy all began. The first thing that comes to my mind is WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, HOW, and WHY? In previous movies regarding the X-Men they were always on missions trying to save the world from Magneto, or some other villain. I've always wondered, why Magneto? Or how come Magneto and Professor X had a history of friendship? Or how did people get these special gifts? Theese are just some of the questions when it comes down to X-Men! This movie saga on mutants is really interesting to me because I've always what it was like to fly, or be extraordinarily different from others. In the previous movies the mutants despised being different and they always dreaded having their gifts. I think that it would be a privilege to have something really special that others don't. It's kind of having a different face from everyone. Every single person on this planet is special because no two people have the same face; I wonder why the mutants can't think of having powers as having a different face! However, coming out as a different person in our society today can be dangerous too! When we see drastic changes in our world we, as humans start to panic because we don't appreciate change. We think that change will kill us but to be honest, this is what evolution is!

    The storyline says that before Charles Xavier (Professor X) and Erik Lensherr (Magneto) became rivals, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were best-friends, working together along with other Mutants (some familiar, some new); to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, something had changed between them, and this began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-MEN. So basically we are going to see them meet up, and learn about their special gifts, and while they do this they will become best friends. However the climax of this story is when something changes and life morals become different. This is the reason friendship can no longer be. I think that this would be the perfect storyline because we see this all the time in our society. Best Friends from elementary change when you start high-school, and high school best friends change when you're in university. After university you probably won't even remember what elementary was. People change and there is really nothing we can do about it. Goals in life change from time to time, and so do morals.

    The main characters are of course, Magneto played by Michael Fassbender, and Charles Xavier played by James McAvoy. I have never heard of Michael Fassbender, but I sure have heard of James McAvoy! James is known form Wanted, The Chronicles of Narnia,  and Gnomeo and Juliet. Michael is known from Inglorious Basterds. I think that theses two actors are alright picks however, I have never seen Michael Fassbender before so I'm not too sure how his personality moulds with James'. I can't wait to see the movie!
    The themes of this movie include action, drama, and adventure. I believe that there will be a lot of gunfire, explosions, and fighting scenes knowing this movie is about mutants trying to save the world from a dangerous threat. There has not yet been a rating for this film, but I would personally give it an 8 out of 10 stars. It seems really interesting, and the storyline sounds really realistic, so this movie is probably going to be good!

Thanks so much for listening though these posts, I hope you had as much fun as I did!

3 comments:

  1. I love X-men, but one question to solve a debate: How do you pronounce Magneto? You seem to know both the comics and movies, and I say it's "Mag-neet-oh" but an anonymous friend claims it is "Mag-Net-oh" If you could solve this for us, it would be much appreciated. Also, awesome looking movie, I hadn't even heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it'll be a really good movie! James McAvoy is one of my favorite actors & I think he'll make a great Charles Xavier. Nicolas Hoult who will be playing Beast is also a great actor if you've ever watched "Skins UK"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pronounce Magneto like "MAG-NEET-OH"

    ReplyDelete