Search This Blog

Monday 4 April 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger

Hey bloggers!

    Today we will be talking about the movie Captain America: The First Avenger! As usual we will begin with predictions on the movie, then storyline, characters, themes and finally the rating. I chose to pick this movie because I have always been a fan of Marvel Studios, and now that they've decided to make a movie on Captain America just makes me want to see it! The reason why I am a fan of Marvel Studios is because they do a really nice job transforming comic book stuff into real life, and everything just seems to flow. Some interesting information about this film is Chris Evans plays Captain America.


    In this movie, I predict that a man will undergo extraordinary experiences that turn him into Captain America. Just like Hulk and Gamma Radiation or Spider-Man and the spider, or Batman and Bats, I believe Captain America will have some sort of special trait as well. In addition to a special trait I believe that this movie will be filled with action packed scenes because the background of this poster has a lot of dust, dirt and rubble in the air. Also, the shield seems to have a lot of scratches on it so I'm guessing that didn't come from kitten scratches. Captain America seems to have a special uniform/suit that he wears to battle, I wonder what it symbolizes? I think that in this movie Captain America will be fighting in a war, and not super powered villains. That's all of my predictions on this film I hope you had fun listening to them!

    Here is the real storyline; Steve Rogers is rejected from the army because he doesn't meet the requirements. Steve Rogers is a really patriotic citizen and he wants to fight for the American Army, however he isn't the right fit for the army. Because of his small size, the army recruiters look down on him and send him away. This bump in Steve's American dream however does not stop him; he signs up voluntarily to a top secret research project that turn him into Captain America. I'm thinking a massive dose of STEROIDS, but that's just me! I think that this storyline is a very inspirational one. In life nowadays, many people are rejected from jobs because they don't fit the requirements. Whether the slight disadvantages came from genetics or just bad luck, people should have the right to be a part of what they are passionate for. I think that we do a very good job at making sure everyone can be a part of things here in Canada. For example, people that want to serve our country but don't meet the requirements can still do other forms of military work. This is what I like about Marvel productions, their movies always, if not most of the time have strong meanings attached to them.


    The main character of this film is Steve Rogers or Captain America. This character is played by Chris Evans. I think that this is a very good match up because I believe that Chris Evans has similar personality traits like Captain America. Chris is a funny guy, but when it comes down to important things he shows the qualities of a leader. Chris Evans is known mainly from Fantastic Four, and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. However Chris has also been in many other movies.

The themes of this movie are action and adventure. Obviously this movie falls under the category action because it's a film about a hero fighting of bad people or things. Moreover, this movie is also an adventure because you go from a flimsy man doing nothing into a superhero saving the world. The overall rating of this film has not yet been made, but I would personally give it an 8 out of 10. I think that this will be a wonderful movie not only because the storyline has great meaning but also the whole notion of a man that is determined to help his country is just brilliant!

Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like it'll be a very action packed movie. I love marvel too & I'm glad they decided to make a film about Captain America instead of some other Spiderman movie.

    ReplyDelete