Search This Blog

Friday 1 April 2011

Thor

Hey bloggers!

    Today we will be talking about the movie, Thor! As usual we will begin with predictions, then storyline, characters, themes and finally rating. Thor comes from Viking Mythology not Greek Mythology. I chose this movie because it sounds like an action packed film filed with a lot of interesting history that normally people don't explore deep enough. Some basic information about this film is that the movie is fiction!
    I think that this movie will consist of a lot of action. From the looks of the movie poster, I can see that the movie will be about Gods. The advertising team did a good job on spatially managing the poster making the title, Thor stand out really well. I also like how they decided to centre "THE GOD OF THUNDER" part. On the other hand if I were to make a movie poster on Thor I think I would put the well known weapon on the poster as well. Instead of a focused shot of the character himself, if he was holding on to the Hammer, with the quote written on the surface of the hammer, I think that it would look pretty good too.

    The warrior Thor is casted out his home of Asgard by his father Odin because of his arrogance, and rude attitude. Thor is sent to Earth to live with the humans. On Earth Thor realises he has fallen in love with a scientist, Jane Foster. She teaches Thor lessons on how to be polite, and respect people. Problems arise when a villain from Asgard his home realm sends forces of evil down to Earth.



    The main character of this film is of course Thor, and he is played by Chris Hemsworth. In addition the Thor, the woman he falls in love with is Jane Foster, played by Natalie Portman. Odin, Thor's father is played by Anthony Hopkins. Chris Hemsworth was born on August 11, 1983 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. He is known from Star Trek, A Perfect Getaway, and lots of TV shows. I think he is a really good actor because I've seen Star Trek, and even though he only shows up for about 5 minutes, he stuck in my head!

    The themes of this movie include action, adventure, and drama. I think that there is drama in this film because it involves love, and romance. When there is love and romance mixed with action and adventure, Drama is the perfect fit that makes the movie interesting. The rating of this movie is 8 out of 10 stars. There is no official age limit set yet, but I'm probably thinking PG-13? This movie contains violence and action but I don't think that there is enough to make it 14A or above. I personally would give this movie the same 8 out of 10 stars because I'm interested in learning about Viking Mythology and I really haven't seen, Thor from a movie's perspective.

Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the mentions of the movie poster! Also, the way you described the original legend is very helpful and has most definitely encouraged me to watch the movie. And I appreciated the trailer!

    ReplyDelete